Those persons who may use or come in contact with any form of chemical or substance at work. The course will create an awareness and understanding of the appropriate procedures, measures and legislation relating to the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH). Introduces delegates to the hazards of which they are exposed & control measures available.
The course consists of:
- Awareness of the relevant COSHH Regulations
- Understand the role of COSHH in the workplace
- Be able to identify the various hazard markings
- Acknowledge the importance of PPE usage, rules & statutory regulations
- Have an awareness of COSHH assessments
- Be aware of suppliers data sheets
- Have the ability to apply the findings of a COSHH assessment
This course can added as a 1 hour bolt on to any other course or taken as a separate 3 hour (half day) training session.
On completion of this training session, delegates will have a clear understanding of their role in regards safe substance handling practices within the context of their own work environment. Successful completion of this course will prepare delegates to look carefully at their own work activities and contribute to the development of safer methods and tasks, in co-operation with their managers and supervisors.
All students receive a certificate of attendance.